Curried Garbanzo Beans
8 oz Garbanzo beans
To taste green chili
12 Cloves garlic
2 Inches ginger
To taste pepper
1 lg Cardamom
1 Inch cinnamon
To taste salt
4 oz Oil
Dried pomegranate seeds
1. Clean and wash and soak the beans overnight.
2. Boil them in the same water with salt, 1 small finely chopped onion, 4 cloves garlic, 4
large cardamom, 1 inch piece of ginger and 6 cloves. Simmer in pan about an hour or until
tender, or pressure cook for 7 ins at 15 lb.
3. Heat oil. Fry thinly sliced remaining onions and cloves of garlic. Cook till mixture
browns and dries up. Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook for 4 or 5 minutes more.
4. Add the beans and cook for 10 minutes more. Add the mango powder and pomegranate seeds,
grated ginger and simmer over a slow fire for 15 or 20 minutes.
5. Before serving, pour 1 oz (2T) sizzling ghee over the beans.
Recipe By : Somesh Rao
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating