Title: DINUGUAN (BLOOD STEW)
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb Pork, diced
2 tb Oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Onion, diced
1/4 lb Pork liver, diced
1/2 c Vinegar
2 tb Patis (fish sauce)
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts MSG (optional)
1 1/2 c Broth
1 c Frozen pigs blood
2 ts Sugar
3 Hot banana peppers
1/4 ts Oregano (optional)
1. Cover pork with water and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from
brot dice. Save 1-1/2 cups of broth.
2. In a 2-quart stainless steel or porcelain saucepan, heat oil
and garlic and onions for a few minutes. Add pork, liver, patis,
salt and Saute for 5 minutes more.
3. Add vinegar and bring to a boil without stirring. Lower heat
and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in blood and sugar;
cook until thick, stirring occasionally to avoid curdling.
5. Add hot banana peppers and oregano and cook 5 minutes more.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Serves 4
Recipes by Dennis Santiago
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating