Grand Marnier Brownies
Recipe By: Mary Murphy
Makes about 2 dozen brownies.
- 2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 c. chocolate-flavored syrup
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3 Tbsps. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsps. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 package (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 Tbsps. shortening
- Orange peel strips, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9" x 13" pan. Melt unsweetened chocolate on top
of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat and mix in sugar, oil,
liqueur, syrup, eggs, cocoa, orange peel and juice. Stir in flour, baking powder, and 1
1/3 c. chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 22 minutes; do not
overbake. As soon as brownies are removed from oven, melt remaining 2/3 c.chocolate chips
and shortening on top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water; stir until smooth.
Spread hot chocolate mixture over warm brownies. Cool completely in pan over wire rack.
Cut into 2-inch squares. Garnish with orange peel strips, if desired.
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart