Recipe from: Pat Dailey
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes per batch
Yield: 10 3-inch pancakes
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each: baking soda, salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps. unsalted butter, melted
- vegetable oil for cooking
1. Combine all ingredients except vegetable oil in mixing bowl and whisk lightly. It's
OK if there's small lumps and streaks.
2. Heat 2 tsps. vegetable oil in 10-inch skillet over high heat. When hot, use paper
towel to wipe away excess oil, leaving a thin film on entire surface. Reduce heat to
medium-high and add 1/4 c. batter for each of three pancakes. Cook until there are bubbles
at edges. Turn with a metal turner and cook other side. Continue to cook remaining batter,
adding more oil if necessary.
Blueberry: Fold 3/4 c. berries to batter
Whole-wheat pancakes: Decrease flour to 3/4 c. and add 1/4 c. whole-wheat flour.
Banana: Slice 1 ripe banana into batter.
Pecan: Add 2/3 c. chopped toasted pecans to the batter.
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart