Strawberry Tiramisu Cake
Recipe By : Woman's Day 6/97
Serving Size : 12
Double Strawberry Sauce:
24 ounces ripe strawberries (2 pints) -- hulled & sliced (reserve 6 or so whole
berries -- for garnish)
1/2 cup strawberry jam
8 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone -- softened
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar -- plus 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
6 tablespoons Grand Marnier -- or orange juice
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 angel food cake (6" to 8" round)
1. For Double Strawberry Sauce: Puree 1 1/4 cups of the sliced strawberries with the
strawberry jam. Refrigerate till serving time.
2. Beat together the cheese, 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar, 1 tbsp. liqueur until well
blended and smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, beat cream, remaining 2 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp liqueur until soft
peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup of this into the cheese mixture.
4. With a serrated knife, cut cake in thirds horizontally. Drizzle each layer with 1 tbsp
of the remaining liqueur.
5. Spread bottom layer with one third of the cheese filling; cover with one third of the
sliced strawberries. Top with middle cake layer. Spread with half of the remaining filling
and sliced strawberries. Add remaining cake layer; top with remaining filling and sliced
6. Frost cake with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours
7. Cut cake with a serrated knife. Serve each slice with sauce.
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart