Chez' Freddy's Fried Eskimo Balls
Yield: 4 servings
1 pt Vanilla ice cream (or Flavor of your choice)
2 Egg whites
3 tb (3 ounces) almond paste
3/4 c Graham cracker crumbs
3 c Vegetable oil (for frying)
4 Peach halves, [fresh or canned & well drained]
1 c Vanilla Sauce recipe follows
3 tb Chopped walnuts
4 Sprigs mint
2 c Milk
2 c Honey
1/2 c Sugar
1/8 ts Yellow food coloring [if desired]
3 tb Cornstarch
4 tb Water
1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
1) Scoop ice cream into 4 balls. Freeze until very hard.
2) Blend egg whites into almond paste until smooth. Dip ice cream balls into almond paste
mixture, then coat heavily with graham cracker crumbs.
3) Freeze until very hard. Store, wrapped, in freezer until serving time.
4) When ready to serve, heat oil in 1 1/2-quart saucepan to 360 degrees F. and fry one
ball at a time until golden brown, about 15 seconds. Drain on paper towels.
5) Serve at once in a peach half in a champagne glass. Top with vanilla sauce, chopped
walnuts and a sprig of mint.
For Vanilla Sauce
a) Heat milk, honey, sugar, and food coloring to boiling point. Dissolve cornstarch in
water and stir into hot liquid.
b) Cook and stir until mixture boils and is thickened.
c) Let cool and blend in vanilla.
d) Serve over ice cream balls and fruit...
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating