Yield: 4 Servings
4 Apples; pared, cored
3 tb Granulated sugar
1 ds Cinnamon, optional
2 tb Granulated sugar
1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/4 ts Baking powder
1 Egg; beaten
4 tb Butter or margarine; melted
2 tb Chopped walnuts
1 tb Grated orange rind
Preparation time: 20 min. Baking time: 25 to 35 min. Oven temperature: 375 degrees F.
This is an easy-to-prepare variation of an old family favorite. Use baking apples for best
1. Prepare apples. Make some slits in each apple.
2. Place apples in lightly greased custard cups. Dust with sugar and cinnamon.
3. Stir together sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix in egg and melted butter.
4. Spoon batter over apples, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts and orange rind.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F. until apples are soft and batter is golden brown, 25 to 35
6. Serve apples slightly warm with orange ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream, if
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating