Grand Marnier Souffle
Yield: 4 Servings
1 ts Butter
1 tb Sugar; for souffle dish
4 tb Sugar
4 tb Flour
1/8 ts Salt
1 c Milk
5 Egg yolks; in large bowl
1/4 c Grand Marnier
1 Orange's finely grated rind
6 Egg whites
1. Grease and sugar a 1 quart souffle dish. Tie a collar of folded wax paper around it.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, flour, and salt in heavy saucepan. Gradually add milk to make a smooth
3. Set pan on a low flame and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. When mixture thickens, remove from flame. Beat egg yolks with a whisk. Add hot sauce to
egg yolks a little at a time.
5. Stir Grand Marnier and grated orange rind in hot cream sauce. Allow to cool.
6.Forty minutes before serving, beat egg whites stiff, but not dry.Fold in 1/2 egg whites
lightly but thoroughly; fold in the remainder so that occasional white puffs are seen.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serves 4-5.
Courtesy of JEANNE ECKEL
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart