Strawberries with Champagne Ice
Yield: 14 - 1/2 cup servings
2 medium oranges
1 medium lemon
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
2 cups champagne
2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup champagne
1 tablespoon sugar
- With a vegetable peeler, peel zest in strips from oranges and lemon.
- Squeeze juice from oranges and lemon.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, 3/4 cup sugar, and citrus zest.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Discard zest.
- Pour liquid into a large bowl and stir in orange and lemon juices and
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Stir 2 cups champagne into juice mixture.
- Pour into 8-inch square pan and freeze until slushy, 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Beat juice mixture in a mixing bowl or process in a food processor or
blender until smooth.
- Pour back into pan and refreeze for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, hull strawberries and cut in half.
- Put in a medium bowl and stir in 1 cup champagne and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place strawberries in goblets and fill with champagne ice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories 99; Protein 0 g; Carbohydrates 15 g; Cholesterol 0 mg;
Total Fat 0 g; Saturated 0 g; Polyunsaturated 0 g;
Monounsaturated 0 g; Fiber 0 g; Sodium 5 mg
Source: The New
American Heart Association Cookbook - Random House, 1999
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating