Lemon Cheesecake low-fat
Cheesecake doesn't have to be packed with fat to be good. This delectable
light cake is simple to make, low-low-low in fat, and delicious.
Servings: 8 slices
Zest of 1 lemon, chopped
3 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2-2/3 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
8 low-fat 2-inch x 2-inch graham crackers, to make 2/3 cup graham cracker
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease an 8-inch springform or cheesecake
margarine. You will also need an ovenproof pan large enough to hold the
2. Fill a pot or teakettle with water and start heating it to a boil.
3. Place lemon zest, egg whites, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and cottage cheese
in a blender and blend until very, very smooth (no lumps). Pour into pan.
4. Carefully pour boiling water into large pan so it reaches about halfway up
the sides of the springform pan.
5. Bake for 60 minutes or until cheesecake is set and cake tester comes out
6. Remove from pan from water and refrigerate cake in pan for at least 4 hours
or overnight. It should be really cold.
7. In a food processor, turn graham crackers into 2/3 cup fine crumbs. After
cheesecake has been refrigerated for 4 or more hours, spread crumbs evenly over
cake surface and gently pat them down. You may do this just before serving.
Before serving, carefully run knife around edge of springform pan and remove
Calories per slice: 160 total; 10 fat; 3 sat-fat
Choice Low-Fat Cookbook
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
lowfat low fat reduced fat
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating