Honey Carrot Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup canola oil
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
3 cups shredded carrots
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
6 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking
spray; set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
3. Beat together sugar, honey, oil, whole egg and egg whites in a large bowl
with electric mixer. Gradually beat flour mixture into sugar mixture on low
speed until well blended. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick comes out
clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
5. To prepare frosting, beat cheese, powdered sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in
small bowl until smooth. Spread frosting over the top of cake, reserving some
frosting to tint with food coloring and pipe carrots for garnish.
Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 272; Total Fat: 9g; Sodium: 112 mg;
Carbohydrates: 45g; Protein: 4g
Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch/Bread; 1/2 Fruit; 1-1/2 Fat
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart