Fido’s Famous Honey Party Cookies
Yield: 3 Dozen
1 c Vegetable shortening *
1 ts Unsalted butter *
1/4 c Egg whites
1/4 c Honey
Food coloring; optional
2 c All-purpose flour
2 ts Garlic powder
1/4 c Cheddar cheese; fine grate **
Sesame seeds; optional
* For even crunchier cookies, use only 1/2 cup shortening and 1/2 teaspoon
** The Famous Fido commercial baker uses Cheddar cheese powder
1. In a large bowl, beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer at high
speed until creamy. Add egg whites and honey; beat until smooth. Beat in food
coloring, if desired.
2. Combine flour, garlic powder and cheese. Beat into shortening mixture. Stir
in more food coloring if you like.
3. Gather dough into a ball. Divide it in half, then in fourths and so on until
you have 36 small pieces. Flour your hands and roll the pieces into balls. (Or,
use a pastry bag to shape the cookies.) Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet,
then use a floured fork to gently
flatten them in a crisscross design. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
4. Bake in a preheated 325'F oven until firm, about 10 minutes. (To make the
cookies crunchier, after baking we turned off the heat and left them in the oven
about 5 minutes, first running a spatula under each one so they wouldn't stick
to the pan.)
Source: Famous Fido's Specialty Foods
Are you a cat
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer & Credits