Torta di Ricotta
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
2/3 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup golden rum
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
Two 15-ounce containers skim-milk ricotta cheese
1-1/2 cups nonfat liquid egg substitute
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray the inside of a 9-inch springform
pan with vegetable oil and dust with the bread crumbs.
- Combine the raisins and rum in a small bowl and set aside to soak.
- In another small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Put the ricotta cheese in a strainer and shake it to drain any excess
moisture. Transfer the cheese to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric
mixer at low speed, beat it just enough to break it up. While beating, pour
in 1/2 cup of the egg substitute in a thin stream. Once incorporated, raise
an electric the mixer speed to high and slowly add the remaining 1 cup egg
substitute. Beat in the sugar mixture. Reduce the speed to low and beat in
the citrus zests, vanilla, and the raisins and rum.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 25
minutes, until the cake is golden and firm to the touch and tester inserted
into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely in the
pan on for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Release the springform and cut the cake into 12 thin wedges.
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving: 171.4; Fat per serving: 0.20
Fat-Free Italian Cooking
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating