Servings: 24 slices
1 teaspoon light margarine
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
10-ounce package frozen no-salt-added chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup nonfat or part-skim ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cayenne
10-ounce package of refrigerated pizza dough
Vegetable oil spray
White of 1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat. Swirl
to cover bottom. Saute onion until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, spinach, ricotta, lemon juice, nutmeg,
and cayenne. Blend well.
- Press dough into a 12x14-inch rectangle. Cut in half, forming two
- With a rubber scraper, spread half the spinach mixture on each piece of
dough. Roll up, starting from a 12-inch side. Pinch each end of rolled
dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable
- With a sharp knife, cut each roll into 12 slices. Put pieces on baking
sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 37; Fat: 1 gram;
Carbohydrates: 6 grams; Protein: 2 grams Exchanges: 1/2 Starch/Bread
Source: The New
American Heart Association Cookbook
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart