|2 ears corn, kernels shaved from the cob
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon for baking sheet
1 orange bell pepper
1 fifteen-and-a-half-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 hot red pepper, seeded and finely diced, or more to taste
1/2 red onion, finely diced
Juice of 2 limes (about 5 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 450°. Place corn on a baking sheet brushed with 1
teaspoon olive oil, and roast until the kernels begin to brown, about 10
minutes. Set kernels aside to cool.
2. Place pepper directly on a lit gas burner; roast, turning with
tongs, until charred on all sides. Transfer to a bowl; cover with
plastic wrap. When cool enough to handle, wipe off charred skin with a
paper towel, and remove stem and seeds. Chop into 1/4-inch dice; place
in a large bowl.
3. Add corn, beans, half the diced mango, hot red pepper, onion, lime
juice, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and salt; toss to combine.
4. Finely chop remaining mango until a thick purée forms; stir into
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
12 flour tortillas
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1. Heat oven to 350°. Combine oil and chili powder in a small bowl.
Brush tortillas with oil mixture, and sprinkle with salt.
2. Cut tortillas into 1-inch-wide strips, and arrange in a single
layer on two baking sheets (you will need to do two batches). Bake until
crisp and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Source: Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Celebrate
Halloween with Martha Stewart.