Title: Muffin Surprises
Categories: Breads, Kids, Easy, Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Cooking oil spray
1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
1/4 c Sugar
2 1/2 ts Baking powder
3/4 ts Salt
3/4 c Milk
1/3 c Melted butter
1. With adult help, turn oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin pans
with some shortening. (Or put a paper bake cup into each muffin cup.)
2. Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium
mixing bowl. Stir to mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Use a fork to beat the egg in the small mixing bowl. Add milk and
oil. Beat with fork till well mixed.
4. Pour milk mixture over flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon
only till all flour is wet. Batter should be lumpy. Do not stir too
much or muffins will be hard.
5. Spoon half the batter into muffin pans til each cup is about 1/3
full. Put 2 teaspoonsful of jelly or jam on the batter in each cup.
Fill muffin cups with remaining batter.
6. With adult help, put pan into oven. Bake till muffins are
golden. This will take 20 to 25 minutes. Turn off oven.
7. With adult help, remove muffins from oven. Remove muffins from
pan with a table knife. Cool 5 minutes.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cookbook
Recipe typed by Norma Wrenn, tested and edited slightly by Deborah
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart