White and Dark Chocolate Apricots
Servings: 24 candies
24 dried whole apricots
12 pistachio nuts, shelled
4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
4 squares (1 ounce each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or
- Spread hazelnuts on a jelly-roll pan and toast in oven about 10 minutes or
until lightly golden. When hazelnuts are cool enough to handle but still
warm, rub lightly between paper toweling to remove skins; discard skins.
- Place apricots on prepared baking sheet. Gently loosen open edge; insert a
hazelnut or pistachio in center of each apricot. Press edges together to
seal. Keep hazelnut-and pistachio-stuffed apricots separated.
- Place 3 squares semisweet chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover
with plastic wrap. Microwave at 100% power 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Stir
in remaining semisweet chocolate until well blended and smooth.
- Using a fork, spear a hazelnut-stuffed apricot; dip into melted semisweet
chocolate, turning to coat completely; shake off excess chocolate by gently
tapping fork on edge of bowl. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining
hazelnut-stuffed apricots. Set aside remaining semisweet chocolate.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, substituting white chocolate and the
- Refrigerate coated apricots 3 hours or until chocolate is firm.
- Microwave remaining semisweet chocolate at 50% power 30 seconds or until
drizzling consistency. Drizzle over white-chocolate-coated apricots.
Refrigerate on baking sheets to harden. Repeat with reserved white
chocolate; drizzle over semisweet-coated apricots. Store in an airtight
container in a cool, dry place up to 1 week.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 68; Fat: 4 grams;
Carbohydrates: 8 grams; Protein: 1 gram Exchanges: 1/2 Starch/Bread, 1 Fat
Circle All-time Favorite Recipes
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart