1 1/2 c White beans
4 c Water or stock
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Stalks celery, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 tb Olive oil
1 tb Dried basil
1/2 lb Green beans in 1" pieces, or
1/2 lb Zucchini, sliced in half-moons
2 tb Lemon juice
3/4 ts Salt
pepper to taste
1. Soak beans in water to cover by 2" overnight. Drain in the morning.
2. Saute garlic, onion, celery, and carrots in oil for about 10 min.
3. Add soaked beans and the 4 c water or stock.
4. Simmer until beans are tender, about 45 min.
5. Add basil and green beans or zucchini and simmer another 30 min or so, until tender.
6. Before serving, stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Serves 8 preschool or 6 school-age children 1 meat alternative
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating