Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Yield: 32 bars
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons margarine, softened
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup apple butter or applesauce
2 tablespoons skim milk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats, quick or old-fashioned, uncooked
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together sugars and margarine until blended.
3. Add apple butter, egg whites, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix well.
5. Stir in oats and raisins and mix well.
6. Spread dough in greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
8. Cool before cutting into bars.
NIPS: Calories: 90; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Fat: 2 grams; Carbohydrates: 16 grams;
Protein 2 grams
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart
Chocolate - the food of the Gods
Step-by-step cake decorating