|For the filling:
Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Red Onion, Carrot, Fennel, Red Bell Pepper cut all in
Julienne ( strips 1/8 by 1/8 by 2 inches ).
2 cups Mixed Herbs, equal part of Marjoram, Italian Parsley and Basil fine chopped /
1/4 cup Olive oil
Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the julienned vegetables, sauté till al dente (to
the tooth). Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar . Take off the heat and
add the mixed herbs. Keep the filling cold till its needed.
Flour 1/4 #
Whole Wheat flour 1/2 #
Egg yolk 3 ea.
Egg 1 ea.
Thyme 1/2 tsp. fine chopped
Rosemary 1/2 tsp. fine chopped
Olive oil 1/2 Tbl.
Egg 1 ea. and water for the egg wash
- Combine all liquids
- Combine all solid ingredients
- Add the liquid mixture to the solids and blend till it forms a dough, knead for about
- Cover with PVC and let it rest in the refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough to 1/8 " thickness
- Cut into square 5 inch by 3 inch, brush the longer side with eggwash
- Pipe the filling on top with a piping bag and a large round tip
- Roll the cannelloni up till it closes
- Place three per person in a heat proved dish, buttered and add 1/4 of Tomato Coulis
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for about 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at
350 F .
1 1/2 oz. Olive oil
1# Italian / Roma Tomatoes
2 oz. Shallots
1/4 cup White wine
Salt , Pepper, Tabasco, fresh basil
- Sauté the fine diced shallots and garlic in Olive oil
- Add diced and seeded tomatoes and season light with salt and a pinch of sugar
- Add the white wine and reduce it to a 3rd.
- Strain the tomato coulis through a fine sieve, reduce till desired consistency and
finish it with salt and pepper to taste
Pesto Sauce :
1/2 cup Pinenuts
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
4-5 cloves Garlic
1 bunch Basil
1/2 bunch Italian Parsley
1/2 cup Olive Oil
salt, pepper to taste
- Using a mortal or a food processor, combine the pinenuts, and garlic and blend fine
- Add the basil and parsley, by adding the cheese and some of the oil blend everything
fine till it becomes a smooth texture
- Important never let the mixture warm, if using the blender or food processor it could
Take a 11 inch plate, spread the Tomato Coulis even on it and place on top of
that the Cannelloni, drizzle the pesto sauce casual over it.
Prepared and developed by : Executive Chef / Chef Instructor Michael Baumgart