- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/4 pint of water
- 4 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoon Kirsch
- 2 1/4 lbs. strawberries, hulled and halved
- .5 lb strawberries, halved (for decoration)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- peppermint leaves (for decoration)
Yield: Serves 6-8
Put the sugar, orange zest, and water into a pan, and bring to a boil, stirring
occasionally. Boil for 10 minutes over a low flame. Remove from heat and add the
Stir until fully dissolved. Set aside to cool but do not allow to set.
Strain the syrup into an other container to remove the seeds. Stir in the liqueur.